Applicants who studied at another college or university may be able to transfer credits to Seattle Colleges. After receiving the student's application and $50 application fee, the International Admissions Office can perform a preliminary transcript evaluation upon request and determine whether the credits may be used to meet degree program requirements.
To learn if the credits you completed at a college or university can be transferred, request a preliminary evaluation of your transcripts. Be sure to submit copies of your transcripts with your other application materials. You will receive a preliminary evaluation of your transcripts along with your acceptance materials.
Note: The evaluation will not be finalized until you submit an evaluation request form in person, and original, official transcripts from the other institution after you enroll at Seattle Colleges.
Transfer Credit Policies
In general, transferring credits will normally be based on the following factors:
- Level of study (secondary, post-secondary, etc.)
- Recognition / Accreditation of the institution
- Type of credential awarded
- Type of program (academic, professional / technical, etc.)
The usefulness of the credits transferred in will depend on the degree you choose to pursue at Seattle Colleges and that degree's requirements. Evaluations are conducted by International Programs staff. External evaluations completed by private evaluation services are not used to conduct evaluations, and will not be accepted in lieu of an official transcript.
Seattle Colleges does have pre-determined policies on certain types of transfer credits:
- International Baccalaureate
- College Board Advanced Placement Examinations (AP)
- Cambridge International Advanced Level (A-Level) Examinations: Up to 15 credits per pass (Grade A – E), depending on the content of the syllabus. Credits are normally not awarded for General Paper.
In addition, the following high school diplomas may yield transfer credits, depending on program structure and content:
- France: Baccalauréat
- Germany: Abitur
- Italy: Diploma di Maturita
- Iceland: Studentsprof
Note: Credit transfer policies may vary from campus to campus. Please contact our office for more details.